Sunday, November 25, 2007

Neopets


I love Neopets.

I may have come close to being addicted to Neopets before, spending hours and hours of my life in this virtual world - much more than I do my quiet time!!
But now... I am not addicted to Neopets but I still love it anyway. =D
(definition of addicted= dependent on a drug or something else as a habit; devoted to an interest)
Why do I like Neopets so much?

I couldn't like something for no reason at all, could I?


I think the main reason why I've been playing this terribly CHILDISH game would be because of the super CUUUUTTTTEEE

ADORABLE and rather COOL (in my opinion) pets


There are plenty of things to do on Neopets that can keep any person young and old busy the whole day, leaving no time to do other... err... things that may cause some form of unwanted consequences...

You can do puzzles, spin wheels, scratch cards,Go fishing, find treasure, zap ur pets, etc..

And those are just "dailies" or side things you CAN do everyday...!
There are tons of Flash games to play (160 of them, and still being added on frequently!), and they are all SUPER COOL!! (yet again, in my opinion)

I also think that the most appealing thing on Neopets that make most of the players (especially those in adolescent years up to past-retirement age - yes, Mr. Caleb Tan, there are plenty of older folks playing Neopets) play is that you have a chance to earn MONEYYYYY, and this is called Neopoints in Neopia (the world of Neopets).

Neopoints are HARD-EARNED virtual money that require effort, smartness and intelligence to figure out clean ways to obtain, either through sales and business (you can build your own shops and trades and auctions), games (you earn some amount of neopoints (NP) when playing games) or just luck.
For this reason, I have this notion recently that Neopets actually is a blurry picture of adult life in the future? (This may possible be a mere excuse for my obsessive addiction...)

You will have to raise pets, feed and care for them (like the way you care for your children) and paint your pets with fancy colours like the ones above (clothes for your children), not to mention family planning with the limit of 4 pets...
You work hard to earn money (NP) and build lavish houses (Neohomes), go to and join sport events like the Altador cup, chat with friends on the Neoboards, join guilds, play the stockmarket,and of course, feed your ego by showing off your virtual wealth with weapons, painted pets and avatars!




However, one turn-off for young people is that it lacks the VIOLENCE and SEX APPEAL that most teenage games contain, oh and FOUL LANGUANE and ANY FORM OF UNCLEANLINESS is TOTALLY ABOLISHED in Neopets... but I don't mind; I'm not a swearing kind of person. =D

The COOLEST thing about Neopets? It's TOTALLY free. Now you may wonder how, then, would the programmers and owners of Neopets earn their living? (they are a big 160 million dollar company in USA) They do it by getting sponsors from other companies who pay Neopets to put up advertisements around the site, and also by selling shares and merchandise. Pity, even the rich and famous need to spend as much time and energy as anybody else to do well on Neopets...=D Unlike other online games like Club Penguin and Maple Story...
Did you know? Neopets ranks as the TOP STICKIEST SITE?


Anyways, these are my pets
Kogowarria, Aquadrassia, Flybix and Fireblub.

I hope I can earn enough neopoints to be able to paint them to look uber cool like the many cool pets above, shown earlier on.
Cheers!
Disclaimer: Pictures taken from Neopets, Wikipedia and NeoNewsNow. If you got attracted to the site because of this post, I will NOT be singing Akon's Sorry, Blame It On Me...

0 comments: