Sunday, October 26, 2008

The H.A.T.

[From the original blog, KaNa KaNa, because the girl mentioned ordered me to delete... well I deleted from THE blog, right?]

Hosanna's Amazing Talents (H.A.T.)

My sister is one of the most amazing women I know. But she thinks she is not. I want to tell her that she is. Hosanna... this is for you.

1. Encourager
You make others feel so loved and welcomed. You have a sweet, gentle spirit that is always so willing to reach out to the lonely, disheartened people and talk to them. Do you not realize that everyone always wants to talk to you, because you are so easy to talk to! You are always so quick to give praise but slow to criticize. You really encourage everyone around you, did you know that?

2. Amazing listener
Contrary to what some terrible people have said, NO, a chair cannot listen to people because it does not care a whisker about others because all it hears is the occasional fart from the occasional arse. But you, on the other hand, are always ready to give a listening ear and a helping hand. Everyone and anyone can go to you with thoughts and problems to share because you are so caring and understanding. Not everyone can listen, you know; some people only like to talk and talk but never listen, some people neither talk nor listen (like me), but you know how and when to talk and listen!

3. Eloquent speaker
You may want to disagree with me but the fact that you want to do so shows your ability to argue - remember your debate in Melaka with some guy from Ireland? I was listening intently and hereby declare you the winner because you argued so very well! You give oral speeches like nobody's business, you debate about Theory of Knowledge like you created it!

4. You cannot get straight A's in SPM and PMR without a brain, can you? You CANNOT get all A1's for all the Science and Maths subjects in SPM without some degree of smartness. You may think that you're not smart but results do not lie. An A1 for Additional Maths in SPM has to count for something - and I know you definitely did not cheat, because...

5. You are the most honest girl I know. You have such strong convictions and consciences that I am constantly in awe. You speak what is in your heart, you do what you know is right - is the word "lying" even in your vocabulary?

6. Competent pianist
You may think that you are not good at playing the piano, but girl, I can name many, many pianists who think they are good but you beat them hands down. No one can be the best because there will always be someone better, but you CAN play. You just need to practice more and listen to what you play.

7. Lovely singer
You have a melodious, gentle voice that has a soothing and crystal-like quality to it. You may not have the powerful vocals of Whitney Houston or the 8-octave voice of Alicia Keys but you can sing! Again, I can name plenty of people who try to sing, fail miserably, but still think they can sing. (Am I one of them?) You, on the other hand, have a tender and loving voice that I wished I would hear more often.

8. You dress to kill. You have such charm and loveliness about you, not just inside but outside as well! You have been my moving and talking mirror ever since I cared about clothes. Many of my friends say you are hot. You have had plenty of boyfriends and admirers. Need I say more? [Unfortunately, for all you hopefuls out there, she's not available at the moment... in fact there are two suitors right now... haha, my lips are sealed.]

9. You have such a sense of humour! You make me laugh, smile, cry... it is always a pleasure when you come home every weekend. There's really so much that you can do, are doing and have done that you either do not know or think too little of. You light up my world, girl!

10. Last but never the least, you are so humble. Too humble, in fact, because you think so lowly of yourself yet so highly of others. You have plenty of gifts and talents that others do not have. You have so much love and hospitality for others that you can touch lives around you. So, why not be thankful with what you have, and be grateful for what you do not have that you do not want? XD

You rock, sistah!!!

0 comments: